Our vision with the Tabitha Skills Development Project is to see economic and social transformation for vulnerable women. While we do this, we want to lead them to become vibrant followers of Jesus and leading other women vibrantly to Jesus.
Agnes is a widow, from the Nakoli compound of Kabwe. Life has always been a struggle for Agnes, as she has suffered from a facial disability since childhood. Not only does she have constant physical pain, but she also has struggled to see any value in herself due to the criticism. After one year of the Tabitha Skills Development, Agnes has started to believe in and accept herself for the first time in her life. She has learned how to make beautiful jewelry, from which she makes enough income to buy food. Ages is someone with a beautiful heart for others, and flourishes from people believing in her and encouraging her to continue finding her identity in Christ.
The key goal of Tabitha is to empower primarily vulnerable women in our communities.
By teaching them how to sew quality items, food production, food security, and food processing we want to enable them to support their families. We also want to see people rise out of poverty, as well as being less likely to be exploited.
Tabitha Skills Development is a discipleship program focused on empowering and equipping vulnerable and marginalized women through skills training. The one year Tabitha Initiative program goes one step further to intentionally empower women to use their own initiatives to start small business that are focused on reaching out to others.
Partner with us
Our Project leader had the opportunity to speak about the ministry of this project on public TV in Zambia. Since then, there have been many requests for training in this project, but have not had the capacity financially to respond to these requests. Please also pray for finances for them to be able to travel to churches, communities, and villages throughout Zambia to train people!
Millions of widows in Sub-Saharan Africa are robbed, beaten, raped, and evicted from their homes. This is because women are considered unworthy of equal rights in many parts of the world.
We have Skills Development programs providing much-needed love and care, located throughout Africa:
- North-central Africa
- South Africa
PRAYER POINTS for Tabitha Skills Development Project
- Pray for Tabitha to have a spiritual impact and not only humanitarian.
- Join us in praying we will be able to start the restaurant in the near future. We need the funds to make this happen.
- Tabitha will be spread also to other areas where OM is working.
- We will be training Tabitha leaders from different centres here in Zambia and outside Zambia. Please pray for the ministry especially in the area of finances. There is a need for financial provision for transport, food, accommodation, and other materials to use during these trainings.
- Pray for God’s provision over the remaining parts of our building project.
- Pray for financial provision to support four Tabitha leaders and teachers, along with 2 security guards for the centre.
If you want to learn more about what we are doing throughout Africa, read more about our other development projects here.
Like us on Facebook to stay in touch with the ministry.